COVID-19 Safety Charter Approved by Failte Ireland
The COVID-19 Safety Charter is a Government-endorsed initiative to reinforce confidence in domestic and overseas visitors in tourism businesses. The COVID-19 Safety Charter is designed to give comfort and reassurance to employers, employees and customers that your business is ready to re-open safely.
Fáilte Ireland has issued sector specific guidelines for tourism and hospitality businesses to guide you in how best to meet the Government’s public health advice; by signing up to this Charter, we and our employees are agreeing to follow the recommended guidelines for our sector.
How does the COVID-19 Safety Charter work?Employees returning to work have completed the required Covid-19 safety & hygiene control training and the outcomes of the course will ensure they have:
a clear understanding of the COVID-19 infection.
• an awareness of their role in and responsibility for helping prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
• a clear understanding of standard precautions surrounding infection control.
• a clear understanding of the correct hand-washing techniques and practices.
• a clear understanding of how to apply this knowledge to their place of work.
Fáilte Ireland, in collaboration with industry groups, has created a series of guidelines for re-opening tailored to the various sectors of the Irish tourism industry. For details on these guidelines click here .
The guidelines provide comprehensive advice on re-opening for business owners, with an emphasis placed on the safety and wellbeing of employers, employees and customers.
The guidelines will be regularly updated in line with Government public health advice as and when this advice evolves. This includes any further guidance that is given following work by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre & National Public Health Emergency Team on the application of the existing social distancing requirements in specific, defined and controlled environments in the hospitality industry during periods of low incidence of the disease.
The health and safety of employees and guests is the number one priority for us, the owner of the property.
With this in mind we have conducted all the necessary training and have implemented the necessary protocols a list of which you have find here. We have conducted a risk assessment and put in place an action plan . All guests will be advised of any necessary requirements in advance of their stay .
Following our recent inspection when are thrilled to inform you we are Safety Charter Approved here at 14 Wolfe Tone Square and are ready to welcome you our guests again . Check out all the listed businesses here
You can have the confidence that our property is safe and fully prepared to welcome you to West Cork once again.
The following are just some of the processes we have in place to ensure you have a safe and special stay with us.
- Hand-sanitizer stations have been set up at the entrance to the property. Guests required to use it upon entry.
- We are asking all guests to preregister all parties in advance of your stay as recommended by Government Guidelines, and to aid in the process of contact tracing if necessary.
- We are offering check-in and check out options specifically for your needs to minimise employee contact.
- We are putting in place housekeeping facilities tailored to your comfort and working within the Government and Failte Ireland Safety Charter Guidelines
- Every member of staff will continue to be provided with ongoing training in safety, sanitizing and physical distancing protocols
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all areas within the property, with special attention to high touch points in line with recommendations from HSE.
- We have elevated our sanitization of all areas of the property including bedrooms and removed all non-essential items such as magazines, books and paper products.
- All linen will be laundered professionally to temperatures over 60 degrees
- All team members will use PPE in high risk areas and when conducting cleaning.
- Social distancing signage will be in place to provide you with guidance
- We will continue to monitor the evolving situation, and we will keep our policies under review, with the latest recommendations and requirements set out by the Government.
- We have a Action plan in place should we be notified of a suspected case within the property or among guests in line with HSE and HSA guidelines.
Our staff have completed the Failte Ireland Safety Charter training and are ready to welcome you safely.
Contact us to book your next Self Catering Staycation in Ireland #MakeABreakForit #Discover Ireland